Hello September! Who is excited for the cooler weather? We sure are! Fall weather means enjoying the beloved pumpkin spiced lattes, campfires, and fall décor. It also means perfect temperature for showings, so let’s get your home in tip top shape for prospective tenants with some much-needed home maintenance. Here are some things to think about when getting ready for the cool weather to avoid any pricey surprises this winter.
- Clean the gutters.
- Give summer lawn tools a tune up and store away for the winter.
- Remove garden hoses from faucets & drain your sprinkler system.
- Stack firewood away from the house to prevent bugs.
- Prune plants and bushes.
- Service your HVAC system.
- Inspect your fire extinguisher.
- Inspect your fireplace- Inspect the chimney for loose flashing or missing mortar.
- Check seals on windows.
- Have your roof inspected.
- Test heating system.
- Check carbon monoxide detectors and smoke alarms.
Need some help? Contact us and we can get you in touch with some contractors/inspectors that can help!
Whether you are renting a home or you own your own these are all things that need to be done! Keeping the house up will add to the value, reduce utility costs and save you a lot of headache in the long run!